Imagine cutting into a beautiful mound of chocolaty goodness to reveal an even more gooey centre oozing out warm chocolate. Sounds good, doesnt it? Well, for chocolate lovers at least. Baking the perfect lava cake can prove to be a rather difficult task. Trust me, I know. One can end up with a thick cake with absolutely no chocolaty centre or even worse, it can be under cooked. That can be extremely disappointing. So after going through quite a few recipes and trying them myself, I was finally able to adapt the perfect Chocolate Lava Cake recipe to Indian standards. This recipe makes four lava cakes. Baking is like science so the measurements have to be precise.
- 180 g of Bournville Dark Chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of castor sugar
- 1cup flour
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 1teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double broiler .i.e. use a borosil bowl over a pan of boiling water. This will melt the chocolate without burning it. Make sure the boiling water does not touch the base of the bowl.
- Using a beater, beat the eggs and sugar till you get an off-white mixture.
- While mixing the egg mixture, add the melted chocolate and butter mixture. Be careful as the eggs may cook due to the temperature of the chocolate being added.
- Add the flour once the two are mixed.
- Coat the ramekins with butter and divide the mixture equally.
- Preheat the oven to 204 degrees Celsius and bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on your oven.
- You can periodically check for the consistency by using a toothpick.
- Serve the lava cakes in the ramekins themselves or carefully take them out on a plate. Serve with vanilla ice cream or a garnish of your choice.
- Last but certainly not the least order all of the above ingredients for the perfect Chocolate Lava cake right at your doorstep on SOULBOWL.IN.
Image taken from foodswol.com